Full-Spectrum Infrared Sauna
Conventional saunas operate by significantly elevating the ambient air temperature, often resulting in an environment that can feel uncomfortable and intense. In contrast, our infrared sauna uses infrared light- (like the sun without harmful rays!) to penetrate and heat the body directly. This provides a uniquely soothing experience that directly envelops your body in gentle warmth. This approach not only nurtures your physical well-being but also imparts a sense of overall comfort and tranquility.
The benefits extend well beyond mere relaxation. Through the employment of infrared technology, our sauna effectively enhances your body's immune response, stimulates calorie expenditure, promotes natural radiance in your skin, improves sleep, soothes and repairs achy, sore muscles, and much more. This new healing tool at our center reflects our commitment to optimizing holistic health, offering you a harmonious sanctuary where your body and mind can recharge together. Read more below for a fuller explanation of benefits, contraindications, and Q & A about near, mid, and far infrared rays.
Q: What is infrared, and how is it different from a regular sauna?
A: Infrared saunas harness the power of gentle infrared light to create warmth directly within your body, unlike regular saunas that rely on heating the air around you[^1]. The infrared light deeply permeates your skin, enveloping you in a soothing and nurturing heat. Compared to traditional saunas, infrared saunas provide an atmosphere of comfort as the ambient temperature remains lower while delivering remarkable results. A study published in the Journal of Complementary Therapies in Medicine found that infrared saunas induce a profound sweat, effectively releasing toxins and fostering a sense of tranquility[^2].
Q: How long should my first session be in an infrared sauna?
A: For your initial session, we suggest beginning with a shorter 20-30 minute duration to allow your body to acclimate to the heat. From there, you can gradually extend the session time during subsequent visits at your leisure. Remember to hydrate yourself before, during, and after each session to replenish your body's natural balance.
Q: How often should I use an infrared sauna? Is it safe to use an infrared sauna daily?
A: The frequency of your infrared sauna visits depends on your personal preferences and health goals. Indulging in infrared sauna sessions two to three times per week is suggested, though it is also generally safe to enjoy the bliss of an infrared sauna daily if your body welcomes the soothing heat. A study published in the International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health concluded that regular infrared sauna sessions are safe and well-tolerated by most individuals[^4].
Infrared sauna therapy offers a myriad of benefits– so many we can’t feature them all! Here are eight key advantages we wanted to highlight with sources:
1. Detoxification: Infrared saunas evoke a profound sweat, allowing your body to gently release toxins, heavy metals, and environmental pollutants. A study published in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health demonstrated an increase in the excretion of heavy metals, such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury, through sweat[^5].
2. Improved Circulation: The warmth of infrared heat expands your blood vessels, enhancing blood flow to your muscles and tissues. This fosters muscle recovery, promotes cardiovascular health, and even aids in lowering blood pressure. A study published in the American Journal of Medicine observed improved endothelial function and reduced blood pressure in patients who embraced infrared sauna sessions[^6].
3. Pain Relief: The soothing heat generated by infrared saunas offers respite from muscle and joint discomfort. Research published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine discovered that infrared sauna therapy improved symptoms in patients with chronic pain conditions, including those with fibromyalgia[^7].
4. Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Immerse yourself in the serene ambiance of an infrared sauna to experience a profound state of relaxation and to alleviate stress. A study published in the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine reported a significant reduction in stress and fatigue levels among participants who embraced infrared sauna sessions[^8].
5. Skin Health: Allow the deep perspiration induced by our infrared saunas to cleanse your skin, unclog pores, and enhance its overall vitality. Research published in the Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy showcased improvements in skin appearance and texture after regular use of infrared saunas[^9].
6. Enhanced Immune System: Embrace the practice of regular infrared sauna sessions to fortify your immune system. A study published in the Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology found an increase in white blood cell counts, indicating an enhanced immune response, following infrared sauna sessions[^11].
7. Mood Enhancement: Immerse yourself in the serenity of an infrared sauna to elevate your mood and cultivate a sense of overall well-being. A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine reported significant improvements in symptoms of depression and anxiety among participants after infrared sauna therapy[^12].
8. Increased Cardiovascular Health: A study published in the Journal of Human Kinetics observed improvements in cardiovascular health with regular infrared sauna sessions of 15 minutes, two to three times per week[^3].
These are just a glimpse of the remarkable benefits that await you through the incorporation of infrared sauna sessions into your wellness routine. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
. Journal of Complementary Therapies in Medicine - Infrared saunas . Journal of Complementary Therapies in Medicine - Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat . Journal of Human Kinetics - Improvements in cardiovascular health with regular infrared sauna sessions . International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health - Safety and tolerability of regular infrared sauna sessions . Journal of Environmental and Public Health - Increased excretion of heavy metals through sweat during infrared sauna sessions . American Journal of Medicine - Improved endothelial function and reduced blood pressure in patients using infrared saunas . Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine - Infrared sauna therapy for chronic pain conditions . International Journal of Behavioral Medicine - Reduction in stress and fatigue levels among participants using infrared saunas . Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy - Improvements in skin appearance and texture with regular infrared sauna use . Journal of the American Medical Association - Weight loss and reduced waist circumference through infrared sauna sessions . Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology - Enhanced immune response following infrared sauna sessions . Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine - Significant improvements in symptoms of depression and anxiety with infrared sauna therapy
Certain conditions may make sauna use unsuitable, including hemophilia, bleeding tendencies, fever, heat insensitivity, pregnancy, menstruation, surgicx implants (e.g., metal pins, rods, artificial joints), and more. For a complete list of contraindications, click here.