Arvigo Techniques of
Maya Abdominal Therapy®
Victoria training with Rosita Arvigo
What is Maya Abdominal Massage?
The Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy are founded on the
ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external
non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have
shifted. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue
congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood,
lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They
address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of
chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to self repair and balance.
The Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy address position and
health of the pelvic and abdominal organs. The work is best known for
the correction of the prolapsed, fallen, or tilted uterus and for the
prevention and treatment of benign prostate enlargement in men, and for
relief of many common digestive disorders.
Who is Rosita Arvigo?
Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, is a naprapathic physician and master herbalist who has lived and studied with traditional healers in Central America for more than 30 years. Dr. Arvigo learned the basis from which these techniques were
developed from her mentor, Don Elijio Panti, the great Maya Shaman of
Belize, Central America with whom she apprenticed for ten years. Rosita
also studied with Hortence Robinson, a traditional midwife and
herbalist of Belize. Dr. Arvigo established the Arvigo Institute in 2000 and trains healthcare professionals worldwide.
How can Abdominal Massage help me?
The following are the most common symptoms and
conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help address:
For Everyone (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal
Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum
- Chronic miscarriages and fertility challenges
- Discomforts of pregnancy; labor and birth preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction
What to expect during a session..
Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on
reproductive and digestive health.
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help: Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position, Improve circulation to organs, Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent
- Evaluation of pelvic alignment and application of bodywork to improve pelvic
alignment when indicated
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complimentary supportive modalities to support your
health and wellness that may include: Faja – a traditional
lower abdomen support wrap, Bajos – traditional
herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya, Castor oil packs, Nutritional and herbal
support, Lifestyle education
Victoria will work with you to address your
specific needs. Typically, a minimum of 3-4
professional sessions are required to address most
conditions, depending on your individual goals and needs. Clients who perform their
self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
Most of the information above has been provided byThe Arvigo Institute, LLC © 2016
Initial Session 2-2 1/2 hrs . . . $225
Follow up session 90 min. . . $145
Follow up with Pelvic Steam. . . $165
Self Care Pelvic Steam 45 min . . . $55 *
*(Available Sundays for clients who have already had a steam session with Victoria )
Rescheduling and Cancellations
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Please call prior to 48 hours from your appointment time to change or cancel to avoid paying full cost.
To book your appointment
call: (415) 264-7508
or book online :